Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WHINING BOUT THE SUMMER DAYS?

Today is such a nice day for fall to usher in but is still summer
A bit of coolness in the early morning air hints of an premature fall
However the date of this day(July 30) awakens me to reality: summer is still here,enjoy it.
 People near me are even talking of Christmas which brings a bit of joy to me as I contemplate hand made gifts to be done but also reminds me it is far from near and I still have many summer memories to enjoy.
 Sometimes I rush seasons a bit but this also carries into my spiritual life. I rush what lies ahead for me in the spirit llife, thinking I must know this or desire to know that.
 But God is such a timely teacher His fall is not to come duriing out summers.
 When we are ready and able to understand a truth then the next "season" arrives, bringing with it much awaited joy but also much needed rest in Him.
 Summer is fun and offers so much beauty, warmth and peace.
 So too does our stay in our Lord God's plan for our lives, in His word and truth.
When we are ready for a new season to arrive it comes as naturally as the passage of fall from summer.
 and truth be known sometimes I do not miss summer for a long time because the fall is so very beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment