Friday, August 8, 2014

LEAVING A CHURCH IS NOT GOODBYE

In the past many years since 1996 I have attended faithfully three churches.
 Since I am a person who likes to stick to one thing and not flit about here and there I had no idea why God would move me from my first church to my second.
But I found out a few months later when my daughter was saved in the second church and my outreach began there.
 I got comfortable in that second church, then, lo and behold,He told me time to go.(was there for many years)
 NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not again but I knew it was time.
 The third church led me to my second husband and a new understanding of God I had not seen before.
 But NOW, NOW,NOW,NOW, when I was so very sure I was to be at this little church for the rest of my days,He said,time to move.
 Nooooooooooooooo I resisted.One month,two,then three,till I could no longer bear to even hide it any longer,I had to go.
The thing with God is He always has somewhere for you to be.
 I love allllllll my past churches so much,i love allllll my pastors and will always pray for them and love them and their families.
I love all my friends and brothers and sisters in Christ in all my churches.
The move never has anything to do with any of them.
God has a reason.It is one of the hardest things to do especially if you are a stubborn and resistant lady like me. I never wanna move and just am happy to be in one place.
But I know that I know that I know why He moves me.
All the details are not clear yet on this move.
I am in my fourth church now.
I miss my old one and the people but am fast making new friends too.
and I know He has His reasons for this and I will not question Him any longer cause I am getting too old to wonder why or how anymore.
I just want to obey serve and love Him more.
Is this not the weirdest thing ever>?
But you know I left my grandchildren in Canada to come to my third church and wondered if I was out of my mind.Then I met my second husband and knew why God had moved me here.Our life here with my daughter is creating a second chance at redeeming my time in my country,serving Him here too.
Now as I venture with my husband into this fourth church I
wonder what is ahead and cannot wait for the blessings He has in store.
I WILL NOT LOOK BACK WITH SADNESS BUT JOY.
AND WHEN I DO VISIT MY OLD CHURCH IT WILL BE WITH GLADNESS OF HEART AND LOVE FOR ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment